- Upon your arrival at the airport, find the numbers of the check-in desks that are checking in your flight or your airline on the departure boards.
Flights to countries in the Schengen area are checked in from Terminal 2, other flights from Terminal 1.
- Check-in counters usually open 2 hours before the scheduled departure time and close 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time. This time may vary for different airlines and destinations.
- Before handing in your baggage at the counter, please take a note of the security instructions stating what items you are forbidden to carry in your checked or hand baggage. We recommend that you also read the following: Items Prohibited/Allowed in baggage
- Prepare your ticket (e-ticket) and passport (an identity card will suffice for travels into Schengen area countries or countries outside the Schengen area that allow it).
- At the counter, you will be issued with a boarding pass that will allow you to proceed to a security check (Terminal 2) or to passport control (Terminal 1 – the security check is at the gate).
Remember that some carriers may charge additional fees for using standard check-in counters. We always recommend to check additional fees and check-in options with your carrier.
- If you purchase an electronic ticket, some airlines will allow you to perform an online check-in.
- Always check that your airline offers the option of online check-in and the conditions for its use.
- For online check-ins, just print out your boarding pass (or have it recorded in your phone or tablet). If you are travelling only with hand baggage, you can proceed directly to the boarding pass validators at the airport. Please follow the signs: Departures / All gates.
- If you are travelling with checked baggage, it must be handed in at the Baggage drop-off counter.
- Simply place your printed 2D bar code (or in your mobile phone or tablet) on the boarding pass validator scanner.
We always recommend that you check carefully the various check-in options with your airlines. Carriers may charge additional fees for certain types of check-in.
Remember that flights to countries in the Schengen area are checked in from Terminal 2, other flights from Terminal 1.
Are you travelling within the Schengen Area?
Save time, the FastTrack service enables you to go quickly through the security check in Terminal 2.
This is a special service of individual private check-in of guests and their baggage. We will take care of everything while you relax at the comfortable environment of the Raiffeisenbank Lounge.
Some airlines offer an option of check-in via your mobile phone.
- The whole check-in process can be done via the carrier’s mobile app
- Following successful check-in, a 2D bar code will be generated directly in the app, which will serve as an electronic boarding pass
- On your arrival at the airport (if you are travelling only with hand baggage) you can proceed directly to the boarding pass validators (follow signs Departures / All gates), where you can place your mobile phone with the uploaded 2D bar code on the scanner and then proceed to passport control (Terminal 1) / and the security check (Terminal 2).
- If you are travelling with checked baggage, you must check-in your baggage at the Baggage drop-off counter.
Directly at the airport, you can use self-service check-in kiosks, which are situated in the Terminal 1 and 2 departure lounges.
Check-ins at self-check-in kiosks is only possible for selected airlines.
- At self-check-in kiosks, you can scan your e-ticket or travel document or manually enter a booking number or frequent flyer programme for the given airline.
- Once your flight has been successfully identified, follow the on-screen instructions, e.g. to select your seat.
- Once you have filled in all the details, the kiosk will print your boarding pass, with which you can proceed to the boarding pass validators and then to the safety check / passport control.
- If you are travelling with baggage you do not want to take on board the plane with you, hand it in at the Baggage drop-off counter where it will be checked in for the cargo hold of your flight.